M's

Friday, November 21, 2008

Update - Nov 21

We're here in Victoria, we fly back to Lethbridge tomorrow. Sorry there are no pics, I forgot to bring the cable to download them to my laptop. The flights here were a little crazy. Calgary was fogged in, which made landing a really neat experience - and delayed our flights hours on end. Air Canada cancelled Scott and Evan's direct flight from Calgary to Victoria, so they had to wait around 5 hours while no one would explain what they were to do. Fortunately they got flights that departed each airport at the same time we arrived so we never "had" to spend time together in the airport... We leap frogged each other all the way there...

The craziness, of course, led to AC losing our luggage (what else is new) and generally made everyone pretty grumpy. It's been a nice few days here though, fairly decent weather (especially considering it's winter). Green parks, beautiful ocean. It's been great. Esther turned 20 on Wed so she and I took in some Korean BBQ for lunch and we enjoyed steak and cake at the condo for supper.

There's not much else to tell. I'm getting lots of work done while we're here so I should get back to it. I am totally excited about going home and starting Christmas prep (my last week before work). There's a tree to decorate, candy to make, maybe cookies if I get ambitious enough and probably Christmas shopping to do. I hate the shopping, but I'm tired of putting it off until Christmas Eve, cause that's the worst possible day to shop ever!

2 Comments:

  • At 11/21/2008 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Someone once told me that Air Canada looses luggage 1 in 3 times. The good news is that this means they should be professionals at finding luggage by now!

     
  • At 12/26/2008 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Ark, you can update links on your blog:
    Me and Mom: http://conmedal.blogspot.com/
    Esther and M&B are goners. Love you, dad

     

Post a Comment

<< Home