M's

Monday, November 17, 2008

Banff Holiday for 2





Scott and I were gifted with the use of a condo near Banff and some cash from the amazing people. Members of the Gate and River of Life gave us the money to go out for dinner, have a pedicure, take a ride up the mountain and just relax together. It was our first holiday together, just the two of us, since Evan was born. It was really lovely! Scott even got an extra day to just soak in the Bible and commune with the Holy Spirit. It was refreshing for us both and gave us some badly needed alone time.

I find it really difficult to schedule alone time with Scott with the demands we have (children, church, work). I suppose it's my fault for not making it a priority sometimes, but other times it really is because there aren't enough hours in the day. I think that feeling that way, may be a really bad thing. I've got this mentally of work, work, work but I don't think that's right at all. It's quite possible that my work, work, work busyness is directed at the wrong things entirely.

It looks like it's time to examine my life and see where I'm striving where I shouldn't be... and chuck in some better use of time management and things may clear up a little. I do manage to multitask a lot right now. But I'm very unorganized. I could use some help.

When I talked about budgeting at the Gate a few weeks ago, I somehow lost an entire hour. I thought I was finishing 10 minutes early when, in fact, I was 50 minutes over. To paraphrase Scott Tucker, "money management... good, time management... bad."

1 Comments:

  • At 11/17/2008 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ya, I think kids have some super power ability absorb time. It seems to disappear. Or maybe they somehow super charge the clock batters.. I haven't figured it out yet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home