M's

Monday, September 15, 2008

Our new home

Here are a few shots of our new home for those who might be interested in a peek. It's got four bedrooms upstairs, a full bathroom and a half bath ensuite in the master. I have some ideas for developing the master bath into a full bathroom and walk in closet, it'll only take me a few years to save up enough :) But I'm happy this house will be a gradual project, to stave off boredom... if we ever get the time to be bored..


This is the view when you walk in directly in front, to the left is the living room and stairs to the upstairs.


This is what sold the house to Scott, one look at the cedar vaulted ceiling and I don't think there's anything I could have done to convince him that this wasn't the perfect house. Not that I wanted to, I love a house with character!


Our dining room is looking a little plain right now. I eventually plan to asianify (not actually a word btw) it sometime. I plan on painting at least one wall a deep, rich red, changing the floor to bamboo and changing the extremely boring light fixture to some kind of Asian chandelier or lantern. I've also put an actual hutch on my wish list (for Scott's present buying options) so that I can display some of my beautiful Asian things.


You can see that our living room is directly off the dining room. Thanks to a generous gift from grampa Roy for the downpayment, we were able to use some of our tax return to buy furniture. When we finally moved in, we realized we had no furniture for the main floor rooms, so one furniture liquidation store and a hard bargain later (never pay full price :) and voila! Furniture that looks good! We still need some things to finish the room and eventually I'll want to paint it, with the help of a very tall ladder. The rooms are all a pinky beige with green walls as accents; kind of not great... okay to live with, but not nearly the best possible color combination.


I'm writing too much. Stairs, good wood banister, next...


Dining area in kitchen next to french doors leading to awesome two level deck... We had to buy the pantry cupboards, there just wasn't enough storage, but they seem to fit nicely, as if they were meant to be there.


Decent kitchen, great appliances but needs some updates, especially to the lighting.

The bedrooms are great, the basement (which has a 3-piece bath, bedroom, family room and storage) is great for Esther to live in right now. Outside we have a play structure for the kids, a slide off the deck to the backyard and a gazebo - all left by the previous owners. The front has a big driveway (fits 3 cars) and there's a single attached garage.

Overall we feel really blessed, mostly because we needed the extra room for the kids. Hope you enjoyed the tour!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home